Who needs to do this training:
All voluntary or paid workers who work with and/or have responsibility for children or young people under the auspices of the PCANZ are implicated in the specific training, recruitment, police vetting, health, safety and ethical practices, and reporting of child abuse stipulated in the PCANZ Child Protection Policy.
Section 2 of the CPP states:
"This policy outlines what is expected of all parts of the church including voluntary or paid workers who work with or have responsibility for children or young people”
People specifically required to comply with the Training and Police Vetting Requirements etc of the PCANZ Child Protection Policy include but are not limited to:
- the key leaders of all-age ministry services and gatherings where children, young people and adults interact together as part of the ministry of the church including homegroups
- anyone who helps in a church’s children’s or youth ministry where they are responsible for the children or young people
- any volunteers and staff responsible for any breakout ministry activities that happen for children and young people in the context of an all age ministry gathering, including homegroups
- anyone who mentors or disciples a child or young person
- a choir or music director who works with children or young people as part of a PCANZ ministry
People not specifically required to comply with the Training and Police Vetting Requirements etc of the PCANZ Child Protection Policy:
- people who serve in a childrens ministry but do not work with, and are not responsible for the children or young people, eg serve morning tea
- members of a mainly music (or similar) team who interact with children with parents present.
- those attending a Sunday worship service who are not working with or have a responsibility for children or young people even if children or young people are present in the service
- anyone attending or leading attending a home group for adults where the hosts children are present but are not part of the homegroup proceedings